Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Monday, June 28, 2010

QUESO CONTRABANDO

We’re on the road, returning from our long weekend in Cleveland. It was a fine time, amply documented with photographs. I’ll try to slap a few up at earliest opportunity.

Being away from home meant missing the annual Sommelier Guild banquet. Somehow or other, I always manage to be out of town on the dates the Guild selects for its banquets; I don’t think I’ve ever attended one. But Denny has taken the time to write about it in my absence. The Grouch was also kind enough to put up a Cheese-Related Video to note my move to this shiny new Blog-Home: Monty Python’s classic Cheese Shop sketch. Be sure to stop by and check it out.

And since this site offers me a fine Fromage-y Pulpit, why not put up yet another Queso Video... in this case, the incomparable Lenny Henry rhapsodizing about cheesy contraband on the BBC comedy series “Chef!”

“Chef!” ran from 1993-96 - a total of twenty episodes, all of which are hysterically funny. Why some genius at the Food Network doesn’t think to revive it is beyond me... but meanwhile, since it’s available on DVD, I can track it down.



[Tip o’ th’ Elisson fedora to El Capitan for the link.]

1 comment:

Houston Steve said...

Now wot you need is a nice claret, wivvout sulfites, if you please.