Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

RHAP MUSIC

At dinner this evening, when the topic of music was broached, one of our companions averred that Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” was her all-time favorite song.

I wasn’t quite sure what to make of this confession.

There is no denying Bo-Rhap’s popularity. Goofy as it is, it’s one of the U.K.’s all-time top selling singles, and it hasn’t done too bad here in the States, either. But I think of it more as a guilty pleasure, if pleasure it is.

Hmmm, I said to myself. What other song is really long, comprising a mishmash of tempos and styles, with completely ridiculous lyrics? Say, I know!

“Bohemian Rhapsody” is the “MacArthur Park” of glam metal!

2 comments:

El Capitan said...

That's a pretty soggy cake ya got there...

Elisson said...

I know. Someone left the damned thing out in the rain. Crap!