Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

AFTER THE RAINS

Several years ago, I wrote about the Gorgeous Gorge at Saint George in New Brunswick, Canada.

Back then, that gorge was a relatively quiet affair. Turbulent in spots, sure... but nothing over-the-top. Here’s what it looked like in June of 2006:

Gorgeous Gorge at Saint George

My buddy Graeme, the Wild Blueberry Farmer - it was he and his charming bride Lisa who had taken me on my Grand Tour of coastal new Brunswick back then - recently sent me a more up-to-date shot, one taken after torrential rains (seven inches in one day, something you’d expect to see in coastal Texas, not the Canadian Maritimes) had swollen the waterway to near unmanageable proportions...

Gorgeous Gorge at Saint George
Holy fuckamoley! It’s a Gorgeous Engorged Gorge at Saint George!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Crazy when you see the 2 pics together like that...
Hope you and the missus enjoy a lovely holiday season...