Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Friday, July 29, 2011

BEAUTY IN UNEXPECTED PLACES

My blog-buddy Sissy Willis uses her camera lens to find beauty in unexpected places. But sometimes all you need is a pair of ears. Here, for your delectation, is a true story that took place sometime in the 1970’s, related to me and Barry this afternoon by our friend Chris:

A young, upwardly mobile professional goes to the token booth in the New York subway, with the intention of purchasing a subway token. He hands the man in the booth a pile of loose change.

The man in the booth is pissed off at having to count this pile of coins, and the yuppie hears him muttering under his breath: “Gawd-damned chickenshit change...”

Whereupon the yuppie becomes a bit irate, stating, “What’s your problem, man? It’s exact change. You don’t even need to count it.”

The token vendor shoots back: “Man, I was soliloquizing. I can’t help it if you’ve got ears!”

No comments: