Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Monday, March 26, 2012

CONJUNCTION

Venus-Moon-Jupiter
Venus, Jupiter, and the Moon hang together in a darkling spring sky.

When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars...
- “The Age of Aquarius,” from the Broadway musical Hair

I don’t subscribe to all of that constellational bullshit... but there are some things that, when seen in the evening sky, are worthy of a second glance. The current conjunction of Venus, Jupiter, and the Moon fit that description.

Moon-Jupiter
Jupiter and the waxing crescent Moon. The unlit part of the Moon is visible thanks to the reflection of light from the Earth.

2 comments:

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Your pictures look awesome!

I have yet to get a chance to catch this - apparently they can be viewable on my end too. I have to try, not much time left! Ggggrrrrrr!

K-nine said...

We always called a moon like that "God's thumbnail".