Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Friday, March 30, 2012

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

The iPod d’Elisson
The iPod d’Elisson.

Dayum - is it Friday already? Why, so it is. And that means it’s time for my weekly assemblage of ten tunes, barfed up randomly by the iPod d’Elisson. Let’s take a look at what’s playing today:

  1. Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - Warren Zevon

  2. Fish - Mr. Scruff

    Once again I shall go and get the fishmonger to prepare the fish.

    I expect you’d like to know about frogmen?

    Yeah!
    They live on fish and catch them by diving onto them from a great height.

    Gliding down through the dark green water.

    He can breathe under water because he has amphibious nostrils.
    On the way down he passed hundreds of trout of different sizes.
    Trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons.
    Trout are very valuable and immensely powerful.
    Keep away from the trout.

    Why should it mean that the fish in the sea are all unable to sing?


    Just listen to me, young fellow.

    What need is there for fish to sing, when I can roar and bellow?

    Fish fish fish fish fish.

    Fish fish fish fish.
    Eating fish!

    Fish fish fish fish fish.

    Fish fish fish fish.
    Eating fish!

    I wish that I could get my hands on a dozen fish!

    Fish!
    Fish!


  3. Piggies - The Beatles

  4. O My God - The Police

  5. Tickle Me (Live) - Randy Newman

    Way before he became the House Composer for Pixar Studios, Randy Newman wrote quirky little songs like this. Three Dog Night made a career out of covering his stuff.

  6. Going Home - Philip Glass, Notes on a Scandal

    I’d love for Philip Glass to write a soundtrack for my life story... but I’d hate to have the kind of life that makes sense when juxtaposed against a Philip Glass soundtrack.

  7. Tank Graveyard - Paul Cantelon, Everything Is Illuminated

  8. Long Flowing Robe - Todd Rundgren

  9. The Lady Is A Tramp - Skanatra

    That’s right: Skanatra, a band performing Sinatra’s standards with a ska twist.

  10. Doctor Robert - The Beatles

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough I was introduced to Warren Zevon's masterpiece by this same blog (under a different name) many Fridays ago (years?).

K-nine said...

Back in the day I had werewolves of London on 45. Roland was the B side. Where do the long days go?

In Ireland, in Lebanon
In Palestine and Berkeley
Patty Hearst
Heard the burst
Of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it.