Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

NA PO WRI MO, DAY 4: A LOVE POEM

A Love Poem, Only Mildly Scatological, With Embedded Link

The Missus observed, as we sat down to our meat
That my poetic output with Romance ain’t replete.
Not so! quoth I, and searched all through the files
That reside on my devices in a myriad of piles,
Only to come up empty.  No hearts and flowers,
Just poems about excretion, and flatulence in showers.

* * *
Eleven score of poems bedeck my site,
Oft-times I think of doody when I write.
And yet, amidst the poems of poop and piss,
Somehow, I’m proud to say I salvaged this:
A song of love, writ to my Valentine.
Romantic?  Yes, indeed - and it’s all mine.

2 comments:

Kevin Kim said...

I did Valentine's poetry once.

Claude said...

That Valentine poem is magnificent and deserves great exposure.

I have but a few years to go
My mind is getting a bit slow
Words jump here and there
And run everywhere
And never obey a NO NO!